Monday, November 22, 2010

Is This Love that I'm Feeling? Yes!





So, what did we learn last night? Personally, I think my biggest life lesson was that Jack Daniels from the freezer is a lot more tolerable than at room temperature. I also learned that Lisa is choosing to join in on the decadent lifestyle choice that is Kiteboarding and that when Dickoff goes to play soccer he's going to make damn sure that he wins the game. Oh yeah, I also learned that Jamaican food is very tolerable itself if not downright fantastic.

Last night we managed to pack everyone around the same table. I felt there was a nice warmth to the group as we dug into the La Bamba Rice. As we devoured our Home-Style Jamaican Chicken a topic of conversation included a possible yearly Supper Club field trip abroad. Great Idea! I think both Belgium and Mexico were discussed. We could start off a little closer to home with a trip up north, but I like the enthusiasm. It was nice to see both new faces and vetted Supper Club alums all chowing down together in perfect Epicurean harmony. I feel that we are creating something that is very special - community! Something that I personally feel is missing from the lives of far too many people...

This week's Supper Club will be taking place on Wednesday because of the holiday. It will be held at Emilie's house where we will be taking part in a Pre-Thanksgiving Giving (of food into our bellies). Think of it as a stomach stretching exercise before the main event. I'm sure more details will be up on the blog shortly. Thanks again for coming last night, I know Helena enjoyed all the attention.

Peace,

Sherpa Lungs

P.S. Most recipes last night came from Sheila Lukins' All Around the World Cookbook. Thanks Julianna!

No comments:

Post a Comment